International Project Manager - CNIC´s Project Office (Técnico IV)
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is looking for a International Projects Manager to take part of the Project Office, which supports CNIC’s Research Groups in project management, proposal writing, and all the other actions aimed to increase the participation of CNIC´s researchers in the European Union Framework Programme for Research and Innovation and other international competitive calls.
- Provide direct support to the Research Groups and collaborate with other administrative departments
- Identify and present to the researchers competitive international funding schemes
- Support in preparation grant applications for Horizon Europe and other international initiatives
- Support in the project management and preparation of reports
- University Degree
- At least 5 years of experience of managing and/or promoting participation in international R&D competitive projects, preferably in health sector.
- At least 1 year of experience of working in R&D assessment in public sector research institution in Spain.
- Experience in management and coordination of international R&D projects including knowledge of the international sources of competitive funding (H2020 Health, ITNs, IFs, ERCs, FET, Leducq, etc.) (it will be valued according to the number of projects managed and number of calls known)
- Experience in H2020 proposal writing, preferably in Biomedical Sciences (it will be valued according to the number of collaborations in proposals, number of projects funded and proposals coordinated).
- Experience in national grant schemes (SAF/BFU, FIS, REDES, CIBER, BBVA, Fundació la MARATÓ, Fundació la Caixa, etc.) (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction)
- Experience in evaluation of European Commission projects and/or national R&D programmes, preferably in Biomedical Sciences (to be assessed based on the number of years or fraction)
- Interview (will be partially conducted in English).
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance
- Integration into a dynamic team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Indefinite contract “as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”. The coverage of the position through a permanent contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas)
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Salary: 32.000 + extra: 6.000. Total: 38.000 (Técnico de Nivel IV).
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of evaluation criteria (C1 - C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C5) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promotes nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"