International Projects Office Expert
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) offers a position to join the Projects Office.
- University Degree in Sciences or Engineering
- Minimum of 8-year experience in international projects management in universities or research centres.
- Outstanding level of English (C2) - Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE), IELTS score 8.5-9.0 or equivalent certificate (The candidate should add the certificate in the same pdf as the university degree).
- Solid experience in international projects management financed by the European Union (, Health, ERC, Marie Curie Actions and other Horizon 2020 grants).
- Solid experience with non-European international calls (Leducq Foundation, AACR, NIH, HFSP, Howard Huges, etc.).
- Good knowledge of international private sources of funding for research.
- Experience in administration of awarded research grants.
- Participation in evaluation panels for European grants will be valued.
- International mobility in different research centers.
- Experience in the organization of events will also be valued.
- Career breaks due to maternity or family reasons will be positively evaluated.
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular research approached from different angles.
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience.
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills.
- Benefit package provided by CNIC.
- Starting date July 2018.
SELECTION PLAN: The three candidates with initial score criteria (C1-C9) greater than 65 points will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest final score will be hired (if it is greater than 80 points).
The coverage of the position through permant contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administración Pública. To cover the position during the selection process, an interim contract will be signed with a maximum duration of 3 months in accordance with the provisions of art. 4 of Real Decreto 2720/1998, de 18 de diciembre, by which article 15 of the Estatuto de los Trabajadores is developed in the matter of fixed-term contracts.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reasons of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"