Investigador Posdoctoral I - Imaging the Cardiovascular Inflammation and the Immune Response
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
A Postdoctoral researcher position is available to work in the Imaging the Cardiovascular Inflammation and the Immune Response group headed by Andrés Hidalgo
This group focuses on the biology of inflammation and immune cells.
The job responsibilities include:
Analyses of immune cells, including neutrophils and macrophages; preparation and analyses of RNAseq data from primary cells and tissues; husbandry and experimental work with mice; cytometric, RNAseq and single cell RNAseq analysis; mouse surgery and development of inflammatory models.
- BSc in Biology, Biochemestry or biotechnology.
- MSc preferably in immunity or related topics
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences as Biology, Biochemestry, Pharmacology, etc
- Fuction C (or Category B) for animal handling
- At least 2 years of scientific expertise in laboratories of foreign countries.
- Knowledge in inflammation, immune system or related topics
- More than 4 scientific publications (preferably as first author) in journals included in the JCR and related to immunity and inflammation.
- Expertise in multiparameter flow cytometry and microscopy and generation and analyses of transcriptomic data
- Fluency in English (Up-intermediate level or higher)
It is offered:
- Incorporation into a newly created and growing Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- Recruitment planned for February 2017.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"