“Investigador/a posdoctoral” for the Viral Vectors Unit
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for Técnico Titulado/a Superior position under supervision of Dr. Juan Antonio Bernal Rodríguez (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/viral-vectors) within the CNIC research infrastructure of the Viral Vectors Unit, to provide high level technical expertise and to translate knowledge of advances in this field into research success.
Perform several cell biology techniques including cell cultures, PCR/ real time PCR, western blot, cell sorting, and viral production. Given the focus of the Technical Unit on viral vectors development the job will include generation and packaging of retroviruses, lentivirus, and adeno-associated virus.
Organize and set-up laboratories as required, and to work as part of a team ensuring that sufficient consumables are in stock, equipment is maintained and in full working order and to oversee the compliance with regulations of the research that is conducted
- PhD in Life Science area
- At least 2 years research experience in biomedical research centers
- Candidate should have not consumed the maximum of five years of Spanish postdoctoral contracts according article 22 of “Ley de la Ciencia” (Science Law).
- Experience working in a Core Technical Unit.
- Experience in the generation and titration of recombinant lentivirus, adenovirus or adeno-associated virus.
- Experience in molecular biology genomic libraries and/or cloning.
- Experience in cellular and molecular techniques: cell culture, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA extraction and quantification, western blot, qPCR.
- Experience in handling and manipulation of experimental animals, intraperitoneal, intravenous, tail and subcutaneous injection.
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Postdoctoral research contract of 1 year duration, extendable up to 5, in accordance with Art. 22 Law 14/2011 of Science, Technology and Innovation, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
La RESOLUCIÓN DE LA SECRETARÍA DE ESTADO DE FUNCIÓN PÚBLICA POR LA QUE SE APRUEBAN LOS CRITERIOS DE ACTUACION COMUNES EN LOS PROCESOS SELECTIVOS DE LAS ENTIDADES DEL SECTOR PÚBLICO ESTATAL de 11 de abril de 2022, establece en el punto 6.1 que “Salvo que una normativa específica prevea el sistema selectivo de concurso, el sistema selectivo será el de concurso-oposición”. En el caso de CNIC la normativa específica aprobada por el patronato de la Fundación establece un sistema selectivo de concurso con fase de entrevista.
At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C6) reaches 80 points.
Composition of the Selection Commission:
- Investigador Principal del grupo
- Manager Oficina de Investigación
- Investigador postdoctoral
- Miembro de RRHH
Maximum duration of the selection process
De acuerdo con el art. 2.2 de la Ley 20/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reducción de la temporalidad en el empleo público y la “Resolución de la secretaría de estado de función pública por la que se aprueban los criterios de actuación comunes en los procesos selectivos de las entidades del sector” de 11/04/2022, el proceso se resolverá con anterioridad al 31 de diciembre de 2024.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"