Lab Manager for the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory (Técnico Titulado Superior)
The laboratory of Prof. Silvia Priori is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Lab Manager interested in joining our research team. The team of Molecular Cardiology is a young group dedicated to the study of cardiac arrhythmias with a special focus on developing gene therapy strategies for the treatment of inherited cardiac diseases that lead to sudden cardiac death. We study cardiac electrical properties in knock in mice that recapitulate the disease phenotype similar to the one observed in humans. We use state of the art technology to assess calcium imaging in healthy and diseased cells. We also use tissue samples from patients and controls to obtain induced pluripotent stem cells-derived myocytes and super resolution microscopy imaging to dissect protein abnormalities at nanoscopic level in human myocytes.
- BS degree and Master degree in life sciences.
- The Master academic title must have been obtained after 2013.
- Not holding an internship contract based on the same academic degree in other companies.
- Minimum of 3 years of lab experience and at least 1 year in the cardiovascular field.
- Demonstrable experience in maintaining laboratory organization, i.e. databases, reagent inventory, protocols and supplies.
- Strong experience in animal (mice) colony management and isolation of cardiomyocytes from rodents.
- Solid experience in cell culture and molecular biology methods and techniques.
- Knowledge in confocal microscopy.
- Competence in English language.
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Competitive remuneration according to experience and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation.
- 2 years full-time training contract.
SELECTION PLAN: Only the candidates with the highest score, if greater than 75 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C6), will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired (if total score is greater than 90 points). If none of the candidates will score 90 or more total points nobody will be hired.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"