Lab Technician for the “Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis” Laboratory
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) offers a Lab Technician position to join the “Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis” Laboratory led by Prof. Jacob Fog Bentzon.
Reesponsibilities: The functions of the lab technician will involve histopathology, cell culture, animal experiments as well as a wide range of other laboratory techniques.
- Formación Profesional Grado Superior in the field of Life Sciences
- Certification to work with experimentation animal, Function B and C (Orden ECC/566/2015) or former category B - (R.D. 1201/2005).
- Experience in Histology (cryostat, microtome and staining)
- Experience in Molecular (nucleic acid isolation, WB, PCR, genotyping,.. ) and Cellular Biology (cell culture)
- Experience in handling experimentation animals and colony maintenance
- Interview in english.
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular research approached from different angles
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills
- Extensive access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
- Temporary position to cover for a maternity leave “as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"