Lab Technician II / Técnico de laboratorio II
The laboratory of Prof. Silvia Priori is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated student interested in joining our research team to develop a thesis project. The team of Molecular Cardiology is a young group dedicated to the study of cardiac arrhythmias with a special focus on developing gene therapy strategies for the treatment of inherited cardiac diseases that lead to sudden cardiac death. We study cardiac electrical properties in knock in mice that recapitulate the disease phenotype similar to the one observed in humans. We use state of the art technology to assess calcium imaging in healthy and diseased cells. We also use tissue samples from patients and controls to obtain induced pluripotent stem cells-derived myocytes a d super resolution microscopy imaging to dissect protein abnormalities at nanoscopic level in human myocytes.
- High degree on technical school (FPII) or BS in life sciences
- The academic title must have been obtained in 2015 or later
- Demonstrable experience in molecular biology with a focus on RNA interference
- Experience in confocal microscopy
- Competence in English language
- Previous lab experience in international centers will be highly valuable
- Strong interest in cardiovascular research
- Some bio-Informatics and programming skills will be regarded as a plus
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Immediate incorporation
SELECTION PLAN: At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score (if greater than 50 points) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired (if total score is greater than 80 points). If any candidate scores 80 or more total points nobody will be hired.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"