Lab Technician for leave of absence for the “Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis” Lab.
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Responsibilities: The functions of the lab technician will involve histopathology, cell culture, animal experiments as well as a wide range of other laboratory techniques.
- Formación Profesional Grado Superior in the field of Life or Health Sciences
- Certification to work with experimentation animal, Function B and C (Orden ECC/566/2015) or former category B - (R.D. 1201/2005)
- CV must be in English.
- Experience in Histology (cryostat, microtome and staining) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in plasma lipid measurements (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in handling experimentation animals and colony maintenance (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Lab management experience including ordering etc. (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Interview in english.
- Integration in an international center leader in the field of cardiovascular research approached from different angles
- Extensive access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Temporary position to cover a leave of absence “as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the higher score will be interviewed, as long as they reach of 70 as a sum of the valuable criteria (C1-C4). The candidate with the higher score will be hired given the total score (C1-C5) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection. By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"