Lab Technician for the Neurovascular Pathophysiology Group.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research centre of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is searching to hire a Lab Technician to join the group of Neurovascular Pathophysiology, directed by Dra. MA Moro.
More information of the group in: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/neurovascular-pathophysiology.
- Performing neurovascular disease animal models, including surgical procedures and neurological/neurophysiological assessment.
- Technical support in tissue sampling, molecular and cellular biology, histology and microscopy techniques, especially focused on immune mechanisms.
- Experimental work with rodents and human samples.
- Professional Training (Formación Profesional Grado Superior) in the field of Life Sciences.
- Certification to work with experimentation animal, Function B and C (Orden ECC/566/2015) or former category B (R.D. 1201/2005).
- At least 8 years of research experience in biomedical research centres.
- Experience in studies of cardiovascular disease, including risk factors of vascular dementia, supported by authorship in scientific publications and participation in research projects (must be reflected in the CV and it will be valued according to the number of publications/scientific projects listed on the CV, and/or the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in neuroscience and neurodegenerative diseases studies (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to publications/scientific projects listed on the CV, and/or the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in general laboratory management, molecular and cell biology techniques, immunofluorescence, cell culture (including hiPSCs), animal model phenotyping, human samples management (must be reflected in the CV, including management software used, and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Training in the establishment and implementation of appropriate paradigms able to recapitulate cardiovascular-driven cognitive decline.
- Contract that corresponds in accordance with current legislation, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labour law”.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria (C1 - C3) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C4) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a centre that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"