Lab Technician for the Neurovascular Pathophysiology Group.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research centre of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is searching to hire a Lab Technician with experience in cardiovascular and neurodegenerative disease studies, to join the group of Neurovascular Pathophysiology, directed by Dra. MA Moro. Candidates with previous experience in neurovascular research laboratories will be valued. More information of the group in: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/neurovascular-pathophysiology.
Functions: Technical support in the research tasks related to the scientific lines of the group that will involve tissue sampling, molecular, cellular biology, histology and microscopy techniques, cell culture, animal experiments as well as a wide range of other laboratory techniques.
- Professional Training (Formación Profesional Grado Superior) in the field of Life Sciencies (Preferaby, Técnico Superior de anatomía patológica), obtained in the last 5 years.
- Not holding an internship contract in Spain based on the same academic degree in other companies.
- Experience in tissue (brain, blood, etc) sampling and processing of animal models of cerebrovascular diseases (must be reflected in the CV and will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in DNA isolation for genotyping and colony management of transgenic animals (must be reflected in the CV and it will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in general laboratory management, molecular and cell biology techniques, histology (cryostat, microtome and staining) (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Training contract of a minimum duration of 6 months and maximum 2 years, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labour law”.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria (C1 - C3) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C4) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a centre that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"