Light Microscopy Specialist for the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time contract for a Light Microscopy Specialist position under supervision of Dr. Valeria R. Caiolfa (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/microscopy) within the CNIC research infrastructure of the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging, to provide high level technical/specialist expertise and to translate knowledge of advances in the field of advanced imaging/light microscopy into research success.
The role holder will provide user training and support for advanced microscopy systems housed in the facility including SPIM, TIRF, MPLSM, and super resolution microscopy. He/She will have skills in image analysis using ImageJ/Fiji as well as programming skills in ImagEJ Macro Language and JAVA. He/She will also assist users to troubleshoot imaging experiments and proactively offer advice and support to solve problems quickly.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the CNIC in the key role of the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging supporting research and training activities. The Unit is a critical resource for researchers working in a wide range of cardiovascular basic, clinical and translational projects, and it belongs to the TRIMA@CNIC Unique Scientific and Technological Infrastructures (ICTS, http://www.rich2020.eu/news/icts) in Spain.
- PhD in Life Science area.
- PhD degree obtained before 2013
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Experience in Single Plane Illumination Microscopy including sample preparation, image acquisition, post-acquisition processing (including deconvolution), instrument calibration and troubleshooting.
- Experience in bright field, confocal, super-resolution and multiphoton microscopy
- Experience in image analysis and programming in ImagEJ Macro Language and JAVA
- Experience in individual training, courses, reporting and scientific publications
- Administrative experience (tenders, maintenance contracts, reports)
- Having previous work experience in Europe or USA
- Competence in English and Spanish languages.
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Incorporation into a very large and modern infrastructure with the latest technologies that covers the entire range of light microscopy imaging and image analysis applications.
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The contract duration is 5 years maximun
SELECTION PLAN: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, if 3 or more candidates will score more than 75 points (Criteria C1 – C6). The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C7) of 85 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"