Manager for the Research Office
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The Research Office supports CNIC’s Research Groups and Technical Units in a wide variety of processes, from grant and fellowship application, justification, budget monitoring, personnel recruitment, laboratory organization, basic laboratory techniques, laboratory equipment evaluation, and administrative tasks and in the organization of scientific activities, etc. The Research Office is a hinge structure composed by scientific managers, logistics technicians and research assistants, aimed as a communication channel between the researchers and the general administrative structures of CNIC.
- Budget management and expenses control of the assigned scientific groups
- Support for grant preparation and management of the assigned scientific groups
- Support in the preparation of reports and public tenders
- Support in the selection processes of personnel
- Support in the general organization and development of the assigned scientific groups
- Masters´ or PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences, or alternatively a master´s degree in any other field in case the candidate also has at least 5 years of experience in a similar position in the field of biomedicine.
- The master´s / PhD (or another official) degree must be obtained in or after December 2014.
* In case of candidates that hold a pre-existing relationship of a fixed and indefinite nature (personal funcionario or laboral) in the state public sector, this requirement does not apply.
- Management knowledge and expertise in national grant schemes (SAF/BFU, FIS, ERANET, REDES, CIBER, BBVA, Fundació la MARATÓ etc.)
- Management knowledge and expertise in European and international grant schemes (ERCs, ERANETs, ITNs Coordinated multi-partner projects etc.)
- Experience in budgeting and selection of personnel
- Experience in the redaction of scientific documents and public tenders
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into a young team in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- A 2-year contract “en prácticas”, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law. In case of candidates that hold a pre-existing relationship of a fixed and indefinite nature (personal funcionario or laboral) in the state public sector, this requirement does not apply, and it would be a permanent contract as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the spanish labor law.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points) in the categories C1-C4 will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score is higher than 80 points (C1-C5).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"