Manager for the Research Office
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P) (CNIC) has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC is a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
To strengthen CNIC world-leading CV translational research and to achieve ambitious strategic goals concerning worldwide research positioning, CNIC will need to adapt its structures for scientific management, including the Research Office. High experienced managers with deep knowledge in health science and project management are needed to support CNIC leadership in international biomedical research.
The CNIC is searching for a Manager for the Research Office (RO). Managers support CNIC’s Research Groups and Technical Units in a wide variety of processes, from grant and fellowship application, justification, budget monitoring, personnel recruitment, laboratory organization, basic laboratory techniques, laboratory equipment evaluation, and administrative tasks, and in the organization of scientific activities, among others. The Research Office is a hinge structure composed by scientific managers, logistics technicians and research assistants, aimed as a communication channel between the researchers and the general administrative structures of CNIC.
- Budget management and expenses control of the research groups assigned
- Support the research groups in grant preparation and management and preparation of reports
- Support in the selection processes for hiring personnel for the research groups
- Support in the general organization and development of the research groups
- Masters´ / PhD degree in Life Sciences or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in project management in public or private institution
- Management knowledge and expertise in national grant, preferably in health sector (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses)
- Management knowledge and expertise in European and international grant schemes, preferably in health sector (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses)
- Management knowledge and expertise in predoctoral grants, public and private ones (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses)
- Experience in budgeting and selection of personnel (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction)
- Experience in the redaction of scientific documents and public tenders (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction)
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Temporary contract according to labour legislation
- Immediate incorporation
- Contrato de duración indefinida asociado a la tasa de reposición ordinaria, autorizada por el Ministerio de Hacienda para 2022, según resolución Conjunta de la Dirección General de Costes de Personal y de la Dirección General de la Función Pública. N/REF. 220087 * 000599/2022 (Art. 20, Ley 22/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de Presupuestos Generales del Estado para el año 2022)”, as long as the selected candidate meets the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with law.
- Resolution of the Ministry of Finance authorizing the selection process by virtue of Tasa de reposición ordinaria (Art. 20, Ley 22/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de Presupuestos Generales del Estado para el año 2022).
The RESOLUTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE FOR PUBLIC FUNCTION APPROVING THE COMMON ACTION CRITERIA IN THE SELECTIVE PROCESSES OF STATE PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITIES of April 11, 2022, establishes in point 6.1 that “Unless a specific regulation provides for the selective contest system, the selective system will be the contest-opposition”
In the case of CNIC, the specific regulations approved by the Foundation's board of trustees establish a selective competition system with an interview phase.
At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of evaluation criteria C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C6) is higher than 75 points.
Composition of the Selection Commission:
- Research Office Coordinator
- Research Office Manager
- Research Office Manager
- Research Office Assistant
- HR member
- Works Council representative
Maximum duration of the selection process:
De acuerdo con el art. 2.2 de la Ley 20/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reducción de la temporalidad en el empleo público y la “Resolución de la secretaría de estado de función pública por la que se aprueban los criterios de actuación comunes en los procesos selectivos de las entidades del sector” de 11/04/2022, el proceso se resolverá con anterioridad al 31 de diciembre de 2024.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal opportunities in access to employment for men and women, nationals and foreigners and for reasons of age, race or ethnicity, social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The maximum rigor will be guaranteed in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in access to public employment and of the current regulations on data protection.
By participating in the selection process, the participant accepts that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"