Manager for the Research Office (Maternity leave)
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is searching for a Manager for the Research Office (RO) to stand in for a manager who will be on maternity leave. Managers support CNIC’s Research Groups and Technical Units in a wide variety of processes, from grant and fellowship application, justification, budget monitoring, personnel recruitment, laboratory organization, basic laboratory techniques, laboratory equipment evaluation, and administrative tasks, and in the organization of scientific activities, among others. The Research Office is a hinge structure composed by scientific managers, logistics technicians and research assistants, aimed as a communication channel between the researchers and the general administrative structures of CNIC.
- Budget management and expenses control of the research groups assigned
- Support the research groups in grant preparation and management and preparation of reports
- Support in the selection processes for hiring personnel for the research groups
- Support in the general organization and development of the research groups.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Biomedical Sciences.
- English level, B2 minimum or equivalent, creditable by official certification.
- Management knowledge and expertise in national grant (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses).
- Management knowledge and expertise in European and international grant schemes (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses).
- Experience in budgeting and selection of personnel (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction).
- Experience in the redaction of scientific documents and public tenders (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Temporary contract, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of evaluation criteria C1-C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C5) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promotes nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"