MD/postdoc position for experimental research in atherosclerosis
CNIC Foundation was crafted to internationally lead forefront, competitive research in cardiovascular disease. Its newly built research institute, CNIC is located in Madrid and offers more than 6000m2 of laboratory space, as well as state-of-the-art infrastructures and technical equipment.
CNIC wants to provide a full time contract for one:
MD or biomedical PhD with a deep interest in basic and translational cardiovascular research
Work will be carried out in a collaborative, international multidisciplinary research environment. The project aims to understand the link between mechanical flow forces and atherosclerosis and its direct relevance for human disease. The underlying mechanisms will be studied in cellular, mouse and minipigs models, and their role for human atherosclerosis queried with genetic data and pathological specimens.
Required profile / Essential skills and background
- Medical Doctor or biomedical PhD
- Prior biomedical research experience of at least 6 months.
- No previous work experience based on the same academic degree for MD.
Desirable skills and background
- Relevant experience in experimental research (cell or animal models)
- Scientific record in peer-reviewed journals/proceedings
- MD with specialization (or formal plan to specialize) in Cardiology
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, ambition to pursue biomedical and translational research
- Interpersonal skills and adaptability for team working
- Opportunity to work in a leading CV research institution equipped with state-of-the-art resources and technology.
- Integration in a young translational research team, in a highly competitive environment
- Start date: Immediate
Selection Plan: Candidates with initial score (criteria C1-C4) >50 points will be interviewed and the candidate with the highest final score will be hired (if greater than 70 points)
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"