PhD in training for the Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Functions: The functions of the postdoctoral researcher are to plan and conduct experiments in animal models of atherosclerosis, perform microscopic analysis and set up and analyze SMC function in vitro.
- To have the doctoral degree in Molecular Bioscience at the moment in signing the contract obtained in the last 5 years or 7 in case of disability of the candidate.
- Certification to work with experimentation animal, Function C (Orden ECC/566/2015) or former category B (R.D. 12011/2005) and Function D (according to ECC/566/2015).
- Not holding an internship contract in Spain based on the same academic degree in other companies.
- Experience in planning and conducting experiments in mouse models of atherosclerosis (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in fluorescence microscopy of tissue sections (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in SMC culture experiments (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Interview in English.
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- PhD in training contract of a minimum duration of 6 months to be extended a maximum of 2 years, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1 - C3) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C4) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"