Position Investigador Posdoctoral I
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
A Postdoctoral researcher position is available to work in the Nuclear Receptor Signaling group headed by Dr. Mercedes Ricote.
This group is looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated candidate to join a project that involves mouse models of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases. A combination of biochemical, cellular and in vivo model systems will be used, including tissue-specific knockout mice, genome-wide analysis, and bioinformática approaches.
More information at: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/nuclear-receptor-signaling
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences as Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or similar in Biosanitary branch.
- At least 5 years of Postdoctoral experience. At least 2 of them working in foreign countries.
- Knowledge in immunology, inflammation or related topics. It will be particularly valued: Expertise in epigenenomics and DNA methylation technologies, as well as in inflammation models and autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases.
- Scientific publications track (preferably as first author) in journals included in the JCR and related to immunology and inflammation.
- Fluency in English
It is offered:
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular research approached from different angles
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills
- Extensive access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
- Benefit package provided by CNIC
- Recruitment planned for October 2017.
Selection Plan: The candidates with the highest score (if greater than 70 points) will be interviewed and the candidate with the highest score will be hired (if greater than 90 points).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"