Position Postdoctoral Researcher
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) offers a Postdoctoral Researcher position to join the "Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis" Laboratory led by Dr. Jacob F Bentzon. The postdoctoral researcher will lead a project to develop novel atherosclerosis imaging techniques using targeted nanoparticles as imaging agents and gene modified minipigs as the central test system.
- PhD in biomedicine, medicine, veterinary medicine, biology or similar
- 1 first-author scientific paper(s)
- The applicant should not have enjoyed a contract under the Spanish law “artículo 22 de la ley de la ciencia” for the maximum period allowed of 5 years.
- Prior experience with experimental animal research in the cardiovascular field
- First-author publications in the cardiovascular field
- Broad experience with standard laboratory techniques
- English speaking and writing skills
- Necessary courses/authorization to do animal experiments in Spain
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular research approached from different angles
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills
- Extensive access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
- Benefit package provided by CNIC
Selection Plan: Only those candidates with more than 70 points in the sum of the scores of the assessable requirements (C1-C5) will be interviewed and the candidate with the highest score will be hired (if greater than 90 points).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"