The CNIC is considering applications for a Postdoctoral Position for the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory directed by Professor Silvia G Priori. The laboratory director, Prof Silvia G Priori, and her team are internationally recognized leaders in the field of genetic causes of sudden cardiac death and gene therapy of cardiac arrhythmias.
The position is for a highly motivated scientist who will be responsible for the design, engineering, early development, and functional analysis of different gene therapy strategies in vitro and in vivo. An important part of the research project in which the candidate will be involved is dedicated to the investigation of induced pluripotent stem cells derived myocytes obtained from blood of individuals with inherited arrhythmias. The candidate will also be involved in the development cutting-edge next-generation molecular approaches to amend molecular abnormalities to cure cardiac genetic diseases.
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related discipline or MD
- A minimum of 1+ years of relevant post-doctoral experience or 1+ of research experience after the residence period (for MD)
- Advanced cell culture experience of induced pluripotent stem cells
- Competence at least in two of the assessable requirements:
- Experience in gene silencing/ gene therapy
- Competence in confocal microscopy
- Competence in cell culture
- Competence in advanced molecular biology techniques
- Competence in DNA cloning experience
- English language
Salary and Duration:
Competitive salary is ensured and will be in the range of 27,000 – 37,442 € according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification. The initial contract duration is 3 years and the contract will be renewable at the term.
Candidates are encouraged to apply providing a letter that explains the reasons for being interested in this job and a CV with list of publications.
CNIC will select the candidate with the highest score as long as the score will be upper to 85
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"