Postdoctoral Position at CNIC
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
Postdoctoral position available for an experienced researcher in the field of neurobiology to develop a project in the brain-to-heart axis. The hosting group is a growing multidiciplinary very competitive young team in the field of myocardial diseases.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent (e.g. medical specialty in neurology) in neuroscience or a related field (computational neuroscience).
- Essential skills include experience in developing models of neuroimaging (fMRI, PET).
- Although not essential, experience in animal models of brain disease will be highly considered in the evaluation period.
- Background in MATLAB, statistical analysis, and software packages such as SPM and FSL is not mandatory but will be acknowledged.
- 2-year full-time contract to develop the project. According to results, an additional 3-year extension period might be considered.
- Competitive salary (33K – 37K € per annum in accordance to previous experience)
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular diseases approached from different angles.
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills.
- Extensive access to state-of-the-art infrastructures for the project (human hybrid PET/MR (3Tesla), large animal dedicated 3Tesla MRI, PET/CT, cath labs, ...)
- Imaging-based study of brain functionality during/after myocardial diseases (acute and chronic). Both large animal models and patients will be part of the study.
Starting date: Second quarter 2016.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures absolute confidentiality in the selection process and the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"