Postdoctoral Position for GENOPHOS Research group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time contract Post-doctoral position for research in “Functional Genetics of oxidative Phosphorylation System” under supervision of Dr. José A. Enríquez (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/functional-genetics-oxidative-phosphorilation-system-genophos).
- PhD in Life Science area.
- PhD degree obtained in 2017 or 2018
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Knowledge and research experience on mitochondrial physiology and biochemistry.
- Competence in advanced molecular biology techniques.
- Publication record in the mitochondria and redox signaling field.
- Temporary stays abroad during her/his research career.
- Competence in English language.
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Linked to the public sector.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The initial contract duration is 1 year, with possibility to be extended yearly until a total of 3 years.
SELECTION PLAN: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, if 3 or more candidates will score more than 65 points (Criteria C1 – C4). The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C5) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"