Postdoctoral position at the Hematovascular Pathophysiology Laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is considering applications for a position as Postodoctoral Researcher in the Hematovascular Pathophysiology Laboratory led by Dr. José Javier Fuster.
Functions: To design, develop and implement research activities within the main areas of interest of the group, which is currently focused on the investigation of the dynamics and pathophysiological relevance of clonal hematopoiesis driven by somatic mutations.
For additional information, please visit the lab website: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/hematovascular-pathophysiology
- PhD in life science area
- At least one first-author publication
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia”
- Name and e-mail address of two reference people (must be included in the CV)
- Research experience in at least one of the following fields: epigenetics, experimental hematology, immunology or cardiovascular pathophysiology (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in mouse models of cardiovascular disease or other age-related conditions (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in ChIP-qPCR, ChIP-seq or related techniques. (Must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in confocal and fluorescence microscopy and/or flow cytometry techniques. (Must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in molecular biology (PCR, RT-PCR, molecular cloning) and biochemistry techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, etc…). (Must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Scientific publication record. (Must be reflected in the CV:(it will be valued according to the number of publications/scientific communication and position in the list of authors).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Postdoctoral research contract of the article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia", as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
Selection plan: At least the three candidates with the highest score, after considering criteria C1 - C6, will be interviewed as long as they reach the minimum of 65. The candidate with the highest score after the interview will be hired as long as the total score (C1 - C7) is at least 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"
Solicitud de inscripción
Para inscribirse por primera vez en una convocatoria, es necesario crear una cuenta de usuario, indicando un email y una contraseña.
En caso de disponer ya de cuenta, simplemente debe iniciar sesión: