Postdoctoral Position for Mitochondrial Research on Inherited arrhythmias
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Post-doctoral position for the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory directed by Professor Silvia G Priori. The position is for a highly motivated scientist who will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of protocols for the functional characterization of mitochondrial Ca2+ homeostasis and production of reactive oxygen species and ATP in the heart in health and disease. An important part of the research project in which the candidate will be involved is dedicated to the investigation of mitochondrial physiology in isolated cardiac myocytes from an animal model of inherited arrhythmias that shows mitochondrial structural abnormalities. The candidate will also be involved in the characterization of mitochondrial ion channels (VDAC2, MCU) in regulating mitochondrial calcium.
For detailed information of the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory please visit:
- PhD in Life Science area.
- PhD degree obtained in 2017 or 2018
- Not having had a contract before under the same degree of doctor according to article 22 of “Ley de la Ciencia”.
- Knowledge and research experience on mitochondrial physiology and biochemistry.
- Competence in advanced molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, qPCR, construct design..)
- Being independent in the use of confocal and STED microscopy.
- Competence in cell culture maintenance and differentiation techniques.
- Competence in English language.
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The initial contract duration is 3 years.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"