Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis directed by Dr. Rui Benedito. For additional information about Dr. Rui Benedito’s Lab, please visit:
The selected candidate will conduct scientific and research work in order to develop an ongoing investigation. This work will include the investigation of cell cycle regulations in angiogenesis. The selected candidate will perform in vivo and in vitro studies with a focus on endothelial cell biology and angiogenesis. Upon supervisor’s request, the postdoctoral researcher will supervise experimental work of undergraduate students and master students.
- PhD in the life sciences area.
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia”.
- Experience in isolating and working with human and mouse endothelial cells in vitro (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo models of angiogenesis and with transgenic mice (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals in the area of vascular biology / angiogenesis (it will be valued according to the number publications and position in the list of authors).
- Interview. (Part or the entire interview will be done in English)
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis of angiogenic activity in in vitro and in vivo assays (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Postdoctoral research contract to access the Spanish system of Science and Technology, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
At least the three candidates with the highest score will be interviewed as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria (C1 – C4). The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 – C5) is at least 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection. By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"