Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System Laboratory, led by Dr. Jorge Alegre-Cebollada at Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) in Madrid, Spain, is considering applications for a Postdoctoral position. The motivation of the project is to understand how mechanical forces determine muscle function at the molecular, cellular, tissue and organismal levels.
For more information about CNIC, visit https://www.cnic.es/en/about-cnic-0
For additional information about our research and philosophy of work, please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/molecular-mechanics-cardiovascular-system
Functions: The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of in vitro models to study protein mechanics. The successful candidate will also supervise other personnel in the laboratory including PhD fellows, MD residents, and undergraduate students.
- PhD in the Life Sciences field by the time of signing the contract.
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia”.
- Research experience and knowledge in cell biology and biochemistry.
- Research experience and knowledge in single-molecule biophysics.
- Research experience and knowledge in materials science.
- Research experience and knowledge in confocal and fluorescence microscopy.
- Research experience and knowledge in molecular biology (cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, nucleic acids and protein extraction) and biochemistry techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, immunostaining).
- Publication record in cell biology, biomaterials and biophysics peer review journals.
- Interview. (Part or all the interview will be done in English).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Postdoctoral research contract to access the Spanish system of Science and Technology as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
Selection plan: At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 60 points as a sum of criteria C1 - C6) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C7) reaches at least 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"