Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System Laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System Laboratory directed by Dr. Jorge Alegre-Cebollada. For additional information about Dr. Jorge Alegre’s Lab, please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/molecular-mechanics-cardiovascular-system
Functions: To design, develop and implement research activities contributing to the main areas of interest of the group that investigates how mechanical forces determine muscle function at the molecular, cellular, tissue and organismal levels.
- PhD in the life sciences area.
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia.
- Research experience in cell biology and biochemistry (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Publication record in peer review journals in the biochemistry and cell biology fields (it will be valued according to the number of publications and impact factor)..
- Experience working with human induced pluripotent stem cells (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in confocal and fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry techniques (cell-sorting, FACS) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Experience in transfection and viral infection techniques (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Experience in molecular biology (PCR, RT-PCR, nucleic acids and protein extraction) and biochemistry techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, etc…) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Interview. (Part or all the interview will be done in English)
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Postdoctoral research contract to access the Spanish system of Science and Technology as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least three candidates with the highest score as long as they reach the minimum of 60 points as a sum of criteria (C1- C6) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C7) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"
Solicitud de inscripción
Para inscribirse por primera vez en una convocatoria, es necesario crear una cuenta de usuario, indicando un email y una contraseña.
En caso de disponer ya de cuenta, simplemente debe iniciar sesión: