Postdoctoral Position with training in basic and translational research
The CNIC Foundation has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The Foundation has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time contract Post-doctoral position for research in “Functional Genetics of oxidative Phosphorylation System” under supervision of Dr. José A. Enríquez (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/functional-genetics-oxidative-phosphorilation-system-genophos).
- PhD in the life sciences area
- Never having had a contract before under the same degree of doctor according to article 22 of “Ley de la Ciencia”.
Requested Experience and background
• The postdoctoral fellow will be expected to develop a leadership role in a project related to pharmaceutical compound development. Previous experience in private sector and in translational research will be highly considered as well as patent application record.
• Development of leadership role in collaborative research, as well as participation at national and international meetings.
• Master in business management will be of added value.
• High written and spoken English.
• Enthusiastic, adaptable, ambition to pursue biomedical and translational research.
• Interpersonal skills and adaptability for team working
- Immediate incorporation as Postdoctoral Research position framed under the Spanish law of Science with a competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models.
SELECTION PLAN: Only the 3 candidates with the highest score, if greater than 65 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C4), will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired if total score is greater than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"