The CNIC is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in the clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure. The Foundation has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III F.S.P. (CNIC) is considering applications for a Post-doctoral position in the Tissue Regeneration laboratory headed by Pura Muñoz Cánoves.
We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious experimental biologists to join our research team, working in coordination at two locations: the National Cardiovascular Research Center (CNIC), in Madrid, and the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) at the PRBB, in Barcelona. We study the mechanisms underlying the loss of stem cell regenerative potential with aging, and in particular the failure in proteostasis and entry into senescence of aging stem cells, as well as potential mechanisms to reverse these aging-associated defects.
You will be working on the ERC Advanced Grant ‘Stem-Aging' 5-year project and be part of a dedicated team of molecular and cell biologists. You will actively participate in projects that combine molecular biology, transcriptomics, epigenetics and bioinformatics, mouse genetics and tissue injury-regeneration, as well as proteostasis and senescence approaches, to define the intricate regulatory circuitry of stem cell aging, and potential rejuvenating strategies.
- PhD in Life Science areas
- Not having exhausted more than two years of the maximum time established for Access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: mouse genetics, stem cells, proteostasis (autophagy, proteasome) and metabolism.
- Experience with the use of mice as an experimental lab model
- A strong record of scientific publications
- Interview (the command of English will be assessed during the interview)
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The initial contract duration is 1 year but can be extended.
- Joining a research center with international relevance and integration in an excellent team doing cutting-edge research.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Starting date is February-March 2019
We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, as long as those candidates score more than 70 points in our evaluation criteria C1 – C3. The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C4) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"