The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III F.S.P. (CNIC) is considering applications for a position for a Senior Postdoctoral Researcher in the Tissue Regeneration laboratory headed by Pura Muñoz Cánoves.
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious researcher to join our team. The Muñoz-Cánoves lab is composed of two teams collaborating in a tightly integrated manner: one located at CNIC and at another one at the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) at the PRBB, in Barcelona. The candidate will join the CNIC team, where he will lead a research line involving the loss of stem-cell regenerative functions with aging. This is part of the “Tissue regeneration and aging: the decisive quiescent stem-cell state” STEM-AGING action, funded by an ERC Advanced Grant awarded to Dr. Muñoz-Cánoves.
Please check the webpage of the laboratory for more info:
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Functions: The candidate will have the necessary expertise and know-how to establish, supervise and fine-tune the highly specialized techniques used in the laboratory. He/She will lead the scientific project: perform the experimental procedures, develop the appropriate methodologies, collect and analyze the results, help the PI write scientific articles based on those results, help supervise the general working of the laboratory and train other members of the team.
- A PhD in biomedical sciences
- Accreditation of training in the care and use of laboratory animals, with functions C and D/old category C.
- Experience in laboratories of biomedical research (at least 8 years).
- Research experience abroad.
- Publication record (at least two papers published as main author in high quality journals). Please enclose full list of publications.
- Participation in research projects. Participation in funded projects as the principal investigator.
- Participation in the training and supervision of junior researchers (Thesis and MSc/BSc projects, competitive funding granted for young researchers, etc.),
- Expertise and knowledge in the following areas of research: stem cell biology; cardiovascular biology; use of mice as experimental models.
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Contract of determinate duration funded by the aforementioned project.
- Joining a research center with international relevance and integration in an excellent team doing cutting-edge research.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, as long as those candidates reach 70 points in our evaluation criteria C1 – C6. The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C7) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"