The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III F.S.P. (CNIC) is considering applications for a position for a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Tissue Regeneration laboratory headed by Pura Muñoz Cánoves.
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher eager to join an ambitious, high profile team. The Muñoz-Cánoves lab is composed of two teams collaborating in a tightly integrated manner: one located at CNIC and at another one at the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) at the PRBB, in Barcelona. The candidate will join the CNIC team, where he will participate in the research line involving the loss of stem-cell regenerative functions with aging. This is part of the “Tissue regeneration and aging: the decisive quiescent stem-cell state” STEM-AGING action, funded by an ERC Advanced Grant awarded to Dr. Muñoz-Cánoves.
The selected candidate will hold a PhD in biological sciences or similar, have experience in wet biology labs, publications in international scientific journals. He or she will be hard working, passionate about science, will be capable of working in a team and able of independent, creative and critical thinking and able to properly communicate in English. The candidate will be interested in regeneration, developmental & stem cell biology, aging or autophagy; prior experience and knowledge in such fields will be advantageous.
The candidate will participate in the aforementioned scientific project: plan & perform the experiments, fine-tune the appropriate techniques, record, process and analyze the data. The candidate will prepare scientific articles, reports and communications. The candidate will participate in the development of the scientific culture and activities of the lab, and help with the training of coworkers
- A PhD in biomedical sciences
- Expertise and knowledge in the following areas of research will be valued: aging; autophagy; stem cell biology; cardiovascular biology; use of mice as experimental models.
- Experience in laboratories of biomedical research. Research experience abroad will be valued
- Training for laboratory animals. Candidate must hold the license and experience for handling laboratory animals.
- Publication record. Please enclose full list of publications.
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Contract of determinate duration funded by the aforementioned project.
- Joining a research center with international relevance and integration in an excellent team doing cutting-edge research.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, as long as those candidates score more than 65 points in our evaluation criteria C1 – C4. The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C5) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"