Postdoctoral researcher for the Functional Genomics Group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Postdoctoral researcher for the Functional Genomics Group by Miguel Manzanares Fourcade. How the genome is co-ordinately regulated during development is one of the major unanswered questions in modern biology. The Functional Genomics Group is exploring this issue by means of comparative and functional approaches, with the aim of understanding how gene regulatory networks were assembled during evolution and how this determines their function.
For detailed information of the Functional Genomics Group please visit:
- PhD in the life sciences area
- Never having had a contract before under the same degree of doctor according to article 22 of “Ley de la Ciencia”.
- Experience in transgenic mouse generation and maintenance of colonies.
- Experience in CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing in mice and cell lines.
- Experience in Molecular Biology (cloning, PCR, construct design).
- Competence in English language.
- Authorship in publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Assistance and participation in congresses, meeting and workshops.
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Immediate incorporation
SELECTION PLAN: Only the 3 candidates with the highest score, if greater than 70 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C6), will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired if total score is greater than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"