Postdoctoral researcher for the Functional Genomics Group 2
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The laboratory of Functional Genomics led by Dr. Miguel Manzanares Fourcade is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher. The successful candidate will be working on a project aimed to understand how non-coding cis-regulatory elements located throughout the genome coordinate gene expression in different physiological and pathophysiological contexts. The successful candidate is expected to have solid experience using genome-wide approaches for the identification of functional elements, molecular biology, and knowledge on data analysis and interpretation
For detailed information of the group please visit:
- PhD in the life sciences area
- Not to have exhausted the maximum of 5 years being the holder of a contract under the same degree of doctor according to article 22 of the “Ley de la Ciencia”
- Advanced molecular biology skills
- Experience in in genome-wide ChIP-seq assays
- Experience in genome data analysis and interpretation
- Competence in English language.
- First authorship publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Participation in scientific meeting and workshops.
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Immediate incorporation
- 2 years contract
SELECTION PLAN: Only the 3 candidates with the highest score, if greater than 70 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C6), will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired if total score is greater than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"