Postdoctoral researcher to join the Cardiovascular Regeneration Program at CNIC
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) (CNIC) has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is considering recruiting a Postdoctoral Researcher with experience in cardiomyocyte biology to join the new Cardiovascular Regeneration Program. Experienced and motivated postdoctoral researchers are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will coordinate an in vitro screening platform and develop strategies for the identification of targets and molecules relevant in cardiac regeneration. Molecular biology and cell biology approaches will be developed to establish the screening assays and selection criteria. The work will involve the isolation and in vitro culture of mammalian cardiomyocytes from different sources.
- PhD title in the life sciences field
- At least 3 years of postdoctoral experience in research institutions
- Candidate should have not consumed the maximum of five years of Spanish postdoctoral contracts according article 22 of “Ley de la Ciencia” (Science Law).
- Experience in the cardiomyocyte biology field (it will be evaluated according to years of experience)
- Experience in developing and/or coordinating high content or high through-put screening platforms (it will be evaluated according to years of experience)
- Experience in molecular biology (it will be evaluated according to years of experience and number of known techniques)
- Experience in cell biology (it will be evaluated according to years of experience and number of known techniques)
- Publication track record
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Postdoctoral research contract to access the Spanish system of Science and Technology, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
At least the three candidates with the highest scores will be interviewed as long as they reach at least 50 points as a sum of criteria (C1 – C5). The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 – C6) is at least 70 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"