Postdoctoral researcher in life sciences for studies in Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time contract Post-doctoral position for research in the Laboratory of Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System under de supervision of Dr. Jorge Alegre-Cebollada. This research group investigates how mechanical forces determine muscle function at the molecular, cellular, tissue and organismal levels. Their motivation is to improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular and musculoskeletal diseases.
- PhD in Life Science areas.
- PhD degree obtained in 2018 or later.
- Not having exhausted more than three years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia. (Spanish candidates must provide work life report (informe de vida laboral), foreign candidates must submit either A1 document (form E-101) or personal statement on compliance with this requirement.
- Research experience in the field of inherited cardiomyopathies.
- Research experience in mechanobiochemistry and biophysical techniques.
- Experience in recombinant protein production and purification.
- Experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques: (DNA and RNA purification, PCR, qPCR, cDNA production, DNA sequencing, minigene and splicing analysis, western blot…).
- Experience in cell culture methods
- Experience in immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry techniques.
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science. Linked to the public sector.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Competitive remuneration according to experience and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation.
- The initial duration of the contract is 2 years.
SELECTION PLAN: At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score, if greater than 65 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C6), will be interviewed. The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C7) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"