Postdoctoral researcher - Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The laboratory of Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System led by Dr. Jorge Alegre-Cebollada is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher. The successful candidate will lead a new line of research to engineer novel animal models using molecular information obtained by single-molecule biophysics tools. The goal is to use these animals to understand how the mechanics of proteins shapes the macroscopic mechanical function of the heart alongside regulation in health and disease. The successful candidate is expected to have solid experience using mice as research model as well as genuine interest in the proposed research line.
For detailed information of our group please visit:
- PhD in the life sciences area
- Experience in generation of genetically modified animal models
- Experience in the cardiovascular and/or musculoskeletal systems
- Experience in techniques based on light or electron microscopy, biophysics, muscle mechanics, and/or protein and nucleic acids biochemistry
- Stays in research centers/institutions
- Competence in English language
- Publications (first author papers and impact factor will be valued)
- interview: (Creativity, critical thinking and willingness to lead high risk/high gain projects - Competitive profile for application to funding programs)
SELECTION PLAN: At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score (if greater than 50 points) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired if total score is greater than 80 points.
Qualified applicants should submit a single PDF file including a motivation letter and the contact information of three referees
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"