Postdoctoral researcher - The Nuclear Receptor Signaling group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. The Center is equipped with state of the art equipment and infrastructures and offers various services including cellomics, proteomics, genomics, bioinformatics, microscopy, histopathology, and SPF animal facility.
A Postdoctoral researcher position is available to work in the Nuclear Receptor Signaling group headed by Dr. Mercedes Ricote.
This group is looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated candidate to join a project that involves mouse models of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases. A combination of biochemical, cellular and in vivo model systems will be used, including tissue-specific knockout mice, genome-wide analysis, and bioinformatic approaches.
More information at: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/nuclear-receptor-signaling
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences or related fields.
- Publications as first author in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience working with mouse models of diabetes and obesity.
- Experience in molecular biology, immunology and bioinformatics will be highly valued.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written).
It is offered:
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and state-of-the art technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- Recruitment planned for summer 2017.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"