Postdoctoral Researcher for the Viral Vectors Unit (ViVU)
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research centre of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is searching for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to join the Viral Vectors Unit (ViVU) led by Dr. Juan Antonio Bernal (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/viral-vectors).
Functions: The successful candidate will lead the production of Adenoviruses, Lentivirus and Virus Adeno-associated (AAV) for in vitro and in vivo studies. The candidate will also participate in the current project focused on developing more efficient viral vectors for in vivo studies, and assist in developing cutting-edge technologies in the field of viral vectors.
- To be in possession of a PhD in the Life Sciences area by the time of signing the contract
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established of 5 years for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia”
- At least 8 years of research experience in biomedical research centres.
- Previous experience in biomedical research centers supported by authorship in at least 5 scientific publications in indexed journals, one of them as first author (it is essential to include the list of publications in the CV).
- Solid experience in design, generation and titration of recombinant lentivirus, adenovirus and adeno-associated virus (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in the generation of DNA shuffling genomic libraries and cloning (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in advanced cellular and molecular techniques: cell culture, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA extraction and quantification, western blot, qPCR (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience working in technical units including support services for the users (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in handling and manipulation of experimental animals, intraperitoneal, intravenous, tail and subcutaneous injection (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Postdoctoral research contract of the article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia", as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labour law”.
- Immediate incorporation.
The CNIC is a centre that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"