Predoctoral Position for the Functional Genomics Group
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The Functional Genomics, led by Dr. Miguel Manzanares is looking for predoctoral candidate to join his laboratory and works in the project ”Deciphering Regulatory Elements as Determinants of Human Diseases”. Ref.: AMGEM Contract 1148364
More information at https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/functional-genomics
- Master and bachelor degree in life sciences area.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a PhD program.
- C1 English level, Cambridge certificate on advanced English (CAE) or equivalent.
- A minimum of academic grade of 9 out of 10 for each academic title, Bachelor and Master degree.
- Research experience in embryonic development.
- Experience in cell culture techniques with mammalian cells (transfection, transduction and generation of mutant cell lines using CRISPR technology)
- Experience in molecular biology (cloning, RNA and DNA extraction, purification; RT-PCR, qPCR).
- Experience in optical and confocal microscopy techniques.
- Experience in International research centers.
- Publications in scientific journals and contributions in scientific conferences and meetings.
- Incorporation into a modern Research Center of international relevance in the scientific field.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to a modern infrastructure with the most advanced technology.
- Training in the latest advances, both technical and scientific.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Predoctoral contract type under Art. 21 of “Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación”
Selection plan: At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score, if greater than 70 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C6), will be interviewed. The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C7) of 85 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"