Predoctoral Position for the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Group
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment needed for cardiovascular research and offers various services including cellomics, proteomics, genomics, bioinformatics, microscopy, histopathology, and SPF animal facility.
The Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Group, led by Dr. Rui Benedito is looking for predoctoral candidate to join his laboratory.
More information at https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/molecular-genetics-angiogenesis.
- Master degree in life science discipline.
- The applicant should be admitted or enrolled in a PhD program.
- C1 English level, Cambridge certificate on advanced English (CAE) or equivalent (attach in the same PDF together with the master's degree).
- Knowledge in molecular biology (RNA and DNA extraction, purification; RT-PCR, qPCR, primer design), cell culture, flow cytometry and cell sorting and immunohistochemistry.
- Experience in International research centers.
- Publications in scientific journals will be positively valued.
- Competence in English language.
The laboratory uses a combination of advanced mouse models, several in vitro systems, quantitative gene expression analysis and the latest imaging technologies to further understand the biology of blood vessels and discover how some of their genes execute their diverse and context-dependent roles during development and disease.
- Incorporation into a modern Research Center of international relevance in the scientific field.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to a modern infrastructure with the most advanced technology.
- Training in the latest advances, both technical and scientific.
- Immediate incorporation.
- 1 year Predoctoral contract type under Art. 21 of “Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación”
SELECTION PLAN: Only those candidates who exceed the score of 70 points in the sum of the four merit categories (C1 – C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired, provided that it exceeds 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"