Research Position in Bioinformatics for GENOPHOS Research group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time contract Post-doctoral position for research in Bioinformatics in the project “Handling OXPHOS structural heterogeneity and metabolic plasticity” coordinated by Dr. José A. Enríquez, Group Leader of the “Functional Genetics of oxidative Phosphorylation System” laboratory.
- PhD in Life Science area.
- Master degree in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- Not having exhausted more than 2 years of the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Competence in Clinical Biochemistry.
- Working experience as data scientist/bioinformatician in clinical environment.
- Experience in NGS, transcriptome/genome/splicing analysis: NGS data processing, alignment, visualization, differential gene expression, functional gene analysis, gene set enrichment, SNP calling, variant ranking genome variation and splicing analysis.
- Programming skills:
- Languages: Phyton, R, Bash
- Environment/OS: Linux, Unix (Shell Script)
- Competence in English language (will be evaluated during the interview).
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The initial contract duration is 1 year, with possibility to be extended yearly until a total of 3 years.
SELECTION PLAN: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, if 3 or more candidates will score more than 65 points (Criteria C1 – C4). The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C5) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"