Research Technician for the Neurovascular Pathophysiology Group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research centre of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is searching to hire a Research Technician with experience in with experience in colony management, to join the group of Neurovascular Pathophysiology, directed by Dr. MA Moro. The selected candidate will work within a project with file number HR17-00527 co-led by Dr. A. Hidalgo and Dr. MA Moro, funded by the La Caixa Foundation: "Therapeutic targeting of the neutrophil clock in cardiovascular disease". Candidates with previous experience in biomedical research laboratories are sought and previous experience with cerebral inflammation and stroke model in mice will be valued. More information of the group in: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/neurovascular-pathophysiology
- Experimentation associated with the project "Therapeutic targeting of the neutrophil clock in cardiovascular disease ".
- Performing cerebral ischemia animal models, including surgical procedures and neurological/neurophysiological assessment.
- Technical support in tissue sampling, molecular and cellular biology, histology and microscopy techniques.
- Experimental work with mice, including mouse colony management.
- Professional Training (Formación Profesional Grado Superior) in the field of Life Sciences.
- Certification to work with experimentation animal, Function B and C (Orden ECC/566/2015) or former category B (R.D. 1201/2005).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in handling experimentation.
- Experience in animal models of cerebrovascular disease, specifically, in distal middle cerebral artery occlusion and bilateral common carotid stenosis (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in neurological and functional evaluation in animal models (cognitive and sensorimotor tests, and auditory function tests) (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in colony management and genotyping, experimentation with animal models (especially mice models) (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Centre of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience
- Immediate incorporation at the end of the selection process.
- Obra y Servicio contract, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"