“Researcher in Training” for the Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis Group.
The CNIC Foundation has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The Foundation has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a “Researcher in Training” for the Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis Group directed by Professor Jacob Fog Bentzon. Our research group is devoted to finding new ways of preventing the development of dangerous atherosclerosis. An important line of research is the development of new imaging techniques that can visualize disease activity in atherosclerotic plaques. This work is conducted in close collaboration with the Nanobiotechnology, Molecular Imaging and Metabolomics Group directed by Fernando Herranz.
- Master in Natural Sciences or similar (must have been obtained in 2016 or later)
- Not holding training contract based on the same academic degree in other companies.
- Stays in International Research Centers
- Competence in English language (C2 or TOEFL > 110 points)
- Mathematical and statistical software knowledge such as MATLAB, Python, R and C ++, etc
- Knowledge in nanoparticle synthesis
- Participation in scientific publications in indexed journals will be valued
- Curricular and extracurricular academic practices in different work environments
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science.
- Integration in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- 6-month part-time internship contract, extendable up to two years with 100% of the remuneration established for the category.
- Recruitment planned for February 2018
SELECTION PLAN: The candidates with the highest score (if greater than 70 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C5) will be interviewed and the candidate with the highest score will be hired (if greater than 90 points).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"