Researcher in training in life sciences for the Molecular Cardiology Group.
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The contract aims to provide graduates with a first professional contact with the research with all the rights and guarantees of the European Charter of Researchers offering them the opportunity to acquire the appropriate professional practice at the level of studies completed.
The team of Molecular Cardiology led by Prof. Dr. Silvia G. Priori is a young group dedicated to the study of cardiac arrhythmias with a special focus on developing gene therapy strategies for the treatment of inherited cardiac diseases that lead to sudden cardiac death. They study cardiac electrical properties in knock in mice that recapitulate the disease phenotype similar to the one observed in humans. They use state of the art technology to assess calcium imaging in healthy and diseased cells. They also use tissue samples from patients and controls to obtain induced pluripotent stem cells-derived myocytes and super resolution microscopy imaging to dissect protein abnormalities at nanoscopic level in human myocytes.
For detailed information of our group please visit:
- Master and bachelor degree in life sciences area.
- The academic Master title must have been obtained in 2018.
- Not holding an internship contract based on the same academic master degree in other Spanish companies or institutions. (Spanish candidates must provide work life report (informe de vida laboral), foreign candidates must submit either A1 document (form E-101) or personal statement on compliance with this requirement.
- Solid experience in molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, Real-Time PCR, Sequencing analysis)
- Experience in culture methods
- Experience in biochemistry techniques and methods
- Experience in animal (mice) procedures and isolation of cardiomyocytes from rodents.
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Competitive remuneration according to experience and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation.
- 1 year full-time internship contract, extendable up to two years with 100% of the remuneration established for the category.
Selection Plan: At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score, if greater than 65 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C4), will be interviewed. The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C5) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"