Researcher in training in life sciences for the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Group
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The contract aims to provide graduates with a first professional contact with the research with all the rights and guarantees of the European Charter of Researchers offering them the opportunity to acquire the appropriate professional practice at the level of studies completed. The selected candidate will join the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Group led by Dr. Rui Benedito.
For detailed information of our group please visit:
Functions: The laboratory uses a combination of advanced mouse models, several in vitro systems, quantitative gene expression analysis and the latest imaging technologies to further understand the biology of blood vessels and discover how some of their genes execute their diverse and context-dependent roles during development and disease.
- Master and bachelor degree in life sciences area.
- The academic Master title must have been obtained not before 2017.
- A minimum of academic grade of 8 for the Bachelor degree (it is necessary to attach, with the degree title, the academic record of the university degree).
- Not holding an internship contract based on the same academic master degree in other Spanish companies or institutions. (Spanish candidates must provide work life report (informe de vida laboral), foreign candidates must submit either A1 document (form E-101) or personal statement on compliance with this requirement.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques (Western Blot, PCR, Real-Time PCR)
- Experience in cell culture methods
- Experience in optical and confocal microscopy techniques.
- Experience in academic or research centers abroad during the bachelor and/or master studies.
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Training in the latest advances, both technical and scientific.
- Competitive remuneration according to experience and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation.
- 1 year full-time internship contract, extendable up to two years with 100% of the remuneration established for the category.
Selection plan: At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score, as long as they reache of 60 points as result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1 – C4), will be interviewed. The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C5) of 75 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"