Scientific Assistant for the Nuclear Receptor Signaling group
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Scientific Assistant position for the Nuclear Receptor Signaling Laboratory directed by Dr. Mercedes Ricote. The laboratory director, Dr. Mercedes Ricote, and her team are internationally recognized leaders in the field of nuclear receptor signalling and cardiovascular research.
The position is for a highly motivated senior scientist who will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of research activities contributing to the definition of a role for nuclear receptors in myeloid cell biology. In particular, the group is interested in the roles of RXRs (retinoid X receptors) in the differentiation and specialization of tissue resident macrophages and the homeostasis of hematopoietic stem cells, with a special interest in the genetic and epigenetic landscape(s) controlled by RXRs in myeloid cells.
For additional information about Dr. Mercedes Ricote’s Lab, please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/nuclear-receptor-signaling
- PhD in Life Science area.
- At least 8 years postdoctoral experience
- Solid Knowledge and research experience on nuclear receptor signaling.
- Experience working with transgenic mouse models for the study of nuclear receptor signaling in myeloid cells
- Experience in cellular biology techniques: cell culturing, flow cytometry and cell sorting, colony forming unit assays, microscopy, electrophoresis, immunoassays, blotting techniques.
- Competence in advanced molecular biology and genomics techniques: RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq.
- An outstanding publication record in peer review journals in the nuclear receptor field.
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Permanent contract.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"