Senior Labmanager Position
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) offers a senior labmanager position to join the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory led by Prof. Silvia Priori.
- MS and BS degree in life sciences
- At least 7 years of lab experience (2 of them in lab management role)
- Strong experience in animal (mice) colony management
- Previous experience in the cardiovascular field will be positively evaluated
- Demonstrable experience in maintaining laboratory organization, i.e. databases, reagent inventory, protocols and supplies. Knowledge of SAP environment will be a plus
- Capable of providing training to new personnel (undergraduate students, visiting researchers…)
- Solid experience in histology, cell culture and molecular biology
- Full professional proficiency in English is essential. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Italian will a plus
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular research approached from different angles
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills
- Extensive access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
- Benefit package provided by CNIC
Qualified applicants should submit a single PDF file including a letter outlining research interests, the CV, and the contact information of two referees.
Deadline: February 29th, 2016
STARTING DATE: May 1st, 2016
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures absolute confidentiality in the selection process and the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"