Senior Scientist in the field of cognitive function and vascular disease
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (CNIC) is a leading international research center dedicated to understanding the basis of cardiovascular health and disease and to translating this knowledge into improved patient care.
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is seeking a qualified candidate to join the COGNITIVE FUNCTION AND VASCULAR DISEASE AREA at a Senior Scientist level. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly collaborative and motivated scientist with an interest to study cognitive decline and its association with risk factors and vascular disease. He/she will establish a strong scientific group and will contribute to the recruitment, training and evaluation of qualified young researchers.
- PhD in biomedical sciences
- Senior Researcher, Full Professor or Equivalent Professional Category in his /her current position.
Requirements to be assessed:
- High impact publications in the field of study
- International experience
- Robust experience in the direction of academic/research teams in universities or research centres
- Experience, as senior researcher, in international consortia in the field of study
- Experience, as Principal Investigator, in international projects
- Experience in training/evaluation of young researchers
Further essential requirements:
In order to be selected, the candidate chosen needs to obtain a positive evaluation, as a senior researcher, from the External Adviser and Evaluating Scientific Committee.
- A temporary contract under the Spanish Law on Science, Technology and Innovation (Ley 14/2011 de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación) to start in 2019.
- A senior researcher position according to the evaluation of CNIC’s External Adviser and Evaluating Scientific Committee.
- A Scientific Career under the supervision and periodical evaluation of an international External Adviser and Evaluating Scientific Committee (https://www.cnic.es/en/about-cnic/governance/scientific-committee )
- Competitive salary at international leve.l
- State-of-the-Art facilities and equipmen.
- Start-up and permanent funding according to CNIC regulations for senior laboratories.
Selection plan: At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points in previous criteria, C1-C6) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will go through the evaluation process by the External Adviser and Evaluating Scientific Committee.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"