Senior Technician for the Bioinformatics Unit
The CNIC Foundation has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The Foundation has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Senior Technician for the Bioinformatics Unit - Ref.: Bioinf_2018
The selected candidate will develop new methodologies and to assist CNIC scientists with the analysis of single-cell and whole tissue expression data in the context of cardiovascular research projects.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Never having had a contract before under the same degree of doctor according to article 22 of “Ley de la Ciencia”.
- Proven research experience (>5Y) working in the analysis of Transcriptomics and other NGS data applied to cardiovascular research
- Proven research experience (at least 2 projects) in single-cell analysis experiments based on NGS technologies.
- Proven research experience (at least 2 projects) in single-cell analysis experiments based on flow cytometry technologies such as Spectral and CyTOF.
- Strong programming skills:
- Languages: Perl, Python, R, Bash
- Environment/OS: Linux, Unix (Shell Script), Windows
- Experience (>2Y) in the design and execution of molecular and cellular biology experiments.
- Co-author of at least 10 publications in peer-reviewed journals as bioinformatics contributor.
- Experience (>2Y) working in a scientific institution abroad.
- Very good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently interact with CNIC researchers.
- Development of novel methods and tools for the analysis of single-cell and whole tissue transcriptomics data.
- Development of novel methods and tools for the integration of the transcriptomics data with other types of data generated by the researches at CNIC.
- Bioinformatics analysis of the NGS data generated.
- Bioinformatics analysis of the CyTOF and Spectral single-cell data generated.
- Collaboration with Genomics Unit in the development and implementation of new library preparation protocols for NGS based experiments.
- Incorporación a un Centro de Investigación moderno de relevancia internacional en el ámbito científico. Vinculado al sector público y gestionado por una Fundación.
- Integración en equipos jóvenes en un ambiente de excelencia científica.
- Acceso a una infraestructura moderna con la tecnología más avanzada.
- Formación en los últimos avances, tanto técnicos como científicos.
- Incorporación inmediata.
- Contrato de interinidad.
PLAN DE SELECCIÓN: Candidates with scores higher than 70 in the sum of the C1-C7 criteria will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired (if total score is greater than 85 points).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"