Senior Technician for the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The laboratory of Prof. Silvia Priori is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Lab Technician with strong experienced interested in joining our research team. The team of Molecular Cardiology is a senior group at CNIC dedicated to the study of cardiac arrhythmias with a special focus on developing gene therapy strategies for the treatment of inherited cardiac diseases that lead to sudden cardiac death. We study cardiac electrical properties in knock in mice that recapitulate the disease phenotype similar to the one observed in humans. We use state of the art technology to assess calcium imaging in healthy and diseased cells. We also use tissue samples from patients and controls to obtain induced pluripotent stem cells-derived myocytes and super resolution microscopy imaging to dissect protein abnormalities at nanoscopic level in human myocytes.
Functions: Perform several cell biology techniques including cell cultures, PCR/ real time PCR, western blot, Cell Sorting and differentiation of cardiac myocytes from induced pluripotent stem cells. Given the focus of the laboratory in the study of animal models of cardiac inherited diseases (mice, guinea pigs, pigs) the job will include isolation of cardiac myocytes from the whole heart for electrophysiology study, for microscopy evaluation, for protein extraction. Organize and set-up laboratories as required, and to work as part of a team ensuring that sufficient consumables are in stock, equipment is maintained and in full working order and to oversee the compliance with regulations of the research that is conducted.
- PhD degree in life sciences.
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia.
- Lab experience including work in the cardiac field.
- Strong experience in managing genetically modified animal (mice/pigs) colonies.
- Solid experience in cell culture.
- Experience in molecular biology methods and techniques (Real time PCR, Western blot….).
- Experience in the use of confocal microscopes (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques).
- Demonstrable experience in maintaining laboratory organization, i.e. databases, reagent inventory, protocols and supplies.
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science.
- Integration in a young team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to an infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Competitive remuneration according to experience and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation.
- 1 year full-time contract renewable up to 5 years under “Ley de la Ciencia” contracts for doctors rules as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
Selection plan: At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria C1-C6) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C7) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"