Specialist Microscopy Assistant for the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time contract for a Light Microscopy Specialist position under supervision of Dr. Valeria R. Caiolfa (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/microscopy) within the CNIC research infrastructure of the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging, to provide high level technical/specialist expertise and to translate knowledge of advances in the field of advanced imaging/light microscopy into research success.
He/She will maintain and contribute to operate the optical instruments of the facility; train and provide support to the users, including guidance on experimental design, sample preparation, image acquisition and analysis; write activity reports, quotes and service agreements, assist the academic staff in setting up projects.
It is essential to have experience in fluorescence and confocal microscopy and in image processing/analysis. It is also essential to have strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple users and service-oriented spirit, and a solid motivation to implement/develop advanced techniques such as SPIM, multiphoton and super-resolution STED/SML and FLIM microscopy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the CNIC in the key role of the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging supporting research and training activities. The Unit is a critical resource for researchers working in a wide range of cardiovascular basic, clinical and translational projects, and it belongs to the TRIMA@CNIC Unique Scientific and Technological Infrastructures (ICTS, http://www.rich2020.eu/news/icts) in Spain.
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in biology, biotechnology, chemistry or physics, life sciences.
- Minimum 4-year work in similar facilities or National or International light-imaging infrastructures.
- Wide experience in wide-field, confocal and advanced microscopy such as STED, SML, SPIM, multiphoton microscopy, FLIM, including sample preparation, image acquisition, post-acquisition processing (including deconvolution), instrument calibration and troubleshooting (it will be valued according to the years or fraction).
- Strong experience and skills in image analysis and programming in ImagEJ Macro Language and JAVA (it will be valued according to the years or fraction).
- User support experience (it will be valued according to the years or fraction).
- Experience in individual training, courses, reporting and scientific publications (it will be valued according to the years or fraction).
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Linked to the public sector.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Incorporation into a very large and modern National infrastructure with the latest technologies that covers the entire range of light microscopy imaging and image analysis applications.
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Permanent contract
Selection plan: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 60 points as a sum of criteria C1-C4). The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C5) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"
Solicitud de inscripción
Para inscribirse por primera vez en una convocatoria, es necesario crear una cuenta de usuario, indicando un email y una contraseña.
En caso de disponer ya de cuenta, simplemente debe iniciar sesión: